Duncan MacDonald (CPA NB Permit #33)
Duncan is a Chartered Professional Accountant with over 30 years of comptrollership, tax, financial and succession planning experience. Tax planning and transaction structuring are crucial to the success of every individual and company. Duncan works with clients to ensure that all tax options and their impact on net cash and family planning have been fully considered. He has served an extensive list of Provincial and local charities, professional and cultural groups. He continues to enjoy and support various levels of sport – including UNB hockey as an alumnus of the team.
- BBA (University of New Brunswick, Fredericton
- Chartered Accountant (McGill University)
- Ongoing Professional Development with CPA; STEP and professional courses
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER: BOARDS SERVED
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Fredericton Chamber of Commerce
- Pine Grove Nursing Home ‐ Founding Director
- Fredericton United Way
- Friends of the Fredericton Public Library ‐ Founding Director
- Fredericton Indoor Tennis Club – Chairman and Founding Director
- Treasurer and Board member CARFAC Maritimes (in support visual artists)
- Comptroller ‐ Flakeboard Co. in St. Stephen, NB ‐ providing financial management and long‐ term planning to a team moving the company from early losses, to stability, growth and sustained profitability.
- Lee & Martin, partner with successor firms.
- Senior VP Finance for a company grown from $17 to $132 million in sales
- 1992 Local practice as Duncan L. MacDonald, CPA focused on personal and corporate finance
- Diverse client base (real estate, forestry, hi tech, holding companies, professional corporations, trusts).
- Experience in the following specific areas of practice:
- Estate and related tax planning
- Commercial negotiations
- Business valuations
- Expert witness
- Start ups
- Business succession – several reorganizations to second generation control
- Client purchases and sales
- Personal financial planning and projections
- Litigation support including appearing as expert witness:
- First “Proceeds of Crime” trial in NB (engaged by RCMP)
- Valuations of business assets in matrimonial disputes
- Business interruption and lost profits evidence
- Purchase negotiations and financial arrangements for several $ million business acquisitions and sales
- Financial input of the NB Prescription Drug cost plus programme
- Moderator for first meeting of Blue Cross, Canadian Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and NB Prescription Drug personnel
- Strategic business planning for the Atlantic Salmon Federation related to their genetics program
- Ongoing assistance to several entrepreneurs with their start‐up of new and acquired businesses.
- Assisting an entrepreneur on his second successful start‐up
- Providing financial model and strategic planning for BioNB related to potential developments in the medical Cannabis space.